The Crime Analysis Section of the Apache Junction Police Department provides statistical information in three different areas: Administrative, Strategic, and Tactical.
- Administrative involves long range projections to include such areas as providing economical, geographical, and law enforcement specific information to various agencies such as law enforcement officials, city council, and citizens that may have an impact on budget, personnel, public information, and legal issues.
- Strategic focuses on seeking solutions to on-going issues within the community. This includes providing information for resource allocation purposes such as patrol scheduling. The purpose is also to provide identification of unusual crime activities, reduce and/or eliminate recurring problems, and assist in community or problem oriented policing.
- Tactical focuses on the immediate criminal offenses that requires a quick response in the providing of information pertaining to crime trends, patterns, or series.
Raids Online Crime Mapping
The Apache Junction Police Department (AJPD) is providing an online, interactive crime mapping program that will allow residents and visitors to enter an address and obtain basic information on select crime type categories. The Raids Online site is free to the public and includes optional email updates/alerts and a phone App. To obtain the phone app search for "Raids Online Mobile" in the App store.
Raids Online is the public crime map that connects law enforcement with the community to improve public safety. You can view and filter by specific crime data in an interactive map and analytics dashboard to become better informed about criminal activity in your area.
Finally, anonymous tips for criminal activity can be submitted directly to law enforcement. ***The tip line is NOT monitored 24 hours/7 days a week. For emergency situations, dial 911.***
This application is a useful tool that can assist with raising the public's awareness and encourage users to work cooperatively with law enforcement. However, there are limitations:
- In order to protect victims of certain crime types and open investigations, not all information has been provided to Bair Analytics (makers of RaidsOnline.com). Therefore, the information obtained should be for informational purposes only.
- AJPD has no control over the maps used by Bair Analytics and as a result may be outdated or contain errors.
- AJPD does not control how the information provided to Bair Analytics is interpreted within the analytical section.
For a more detailed overview and tutorials on features of Raids Online, visit http://raidsonline.com/overview/help.html.
TIP: When setting up an alert, in order to obtain the latest information from the previous day, be sure and select a time after 7am for notification purposes.
Submit a Tip
When submitting a tip, it can be accomplished either through the phone or the internet.
To submit a tip through the internet, it can be done through Raids Online on a specific call or directly through Citizen Observer by going to http://www.citizenobserver.com/cov6/app/webTipForm.html?id=10796.
To submit a phone tip, call (480) 474-8585. One does not need to leave their name, but it is helpful for further follow up.
Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics (UCR)
The FBI UCR program collects statistical information on violent crimes and property crimes that are defined as Part I crimes from law enforcement agencies across the Nation that participate in the program. Part I crimes include murder and non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft.
In an effort to provide useful information on such crimes, AJPD Part I yearly crime totals dating back to 1985 are available for review. In addition, you are able to do comparisons with other participating agencies throughout the Nation. The information is published on a yearly basis and the availability of the previous years information is contingent on a number of factors.
Monthly Crime Summaries
As a result of House Bill 2562, crime statistics are now available online.