Community Services, Programs & Resources
Programs Sponsored by the City of Apache Junction
A Quick Call for Help! Dial 211
On-line Resource Guides
There are many agencies that offer programs and services within Apache Junction and throughout Arizona. Check out these websites for information and directories for assistance.
The Center at Empowerment Systems (480) 367-6937 (food, resources)
Apache Junction Veterans Center at 462 North Palo Verde
Project Homeless Connect http://www.vsuw.org/community-objectives/end-homelessness/project-connect
Resources for homeless veterans www.arizonastanddown.org
HOPE Women's Center (480) 983-4673
Senior Help Line (888) 264-2258
CAAFA (Community Alliance Against Family Abuse) (480) 982-0205
Boys and Girls Club (480) 982-6381
Horizon Health and Wellness (480) 983-0065
SunLife Family Health Center (480) 351-2850
Senior Center at the MGC (480) 474-5266
Arizona @ Work (520) 866-3600 or (480) 677-7781
CAHRA (520) 466-1112 (housing, rent/utility assistance, home repairs)
Salvation Army (480) 982-4110 (food, rent/utility assistance)
The Genesis Project 564 N. Idaho Road (for a hot meal)
Apache Junction Food Bank (480) 983-2995
St George Roman Catholic Church (480) 982-2929 (food)
Gold Canyon United Methodist Church (480) 982-3776 (food)
First Assembly of God Gear Station (480) 983-1200 (toiletries, supplies)
Pinal County dial 3-1-1
- Arizona Department of Economic Security - Arizona's state human services agency - strengthening individuals and families, increasing self-sufficiency and developing the capacity of communities.
- See if you may qualify for benefits like food stamps, Section 8, AHCCCS and other programs by prescreening yourself online at Arizona Self Help. If you think you may qualify for any of these programs and more, visit the Department of Economic Security for an on-line application.
- Arizona Department of Health Services - Arizona's state agency that promotes and protects the health of Arizona’s children and adults.
- Arizona Self Help - Free and easy way to find out if your family can get help from 31 different health and human services programs.
- Arizona Workforce Connection - Employment tools designed for job seekers, students, case managers, employers, training providers, workforce professionals, and others seeking benefits and services.
- Arizona Caregiver Coalition - providing resources and information for Caregivers.
- AZ Links - Aging and Disability Resource Center - Connecting individuals, families and organizations to aging and disability resources and information across Arizona.
- Benefits Checkup - For adults 55 and older or adults with disabilities. Screens for eligibility in 70 federal and state programs.
- Child Care Resource and Referral - Statewide program in Arizona that helps families find child care.
- Community Information and Referral - Easy access to information about health, human and emergency services provided in Arizona.
- Emergency Food Assistance Locations - Location and contact information for emergency food assistance in Arizona.
- Food Safety - Gateway to food safety information provided by government agencies.
- First Things First - Quality early childhood development and health.
- Native American Connections - Improving the lives of Native American individuals
- Native American Community Health Center - Provides a wide range of health and wellness programs.
- People's Information Guide - Information on a variety of low-cost and free services and programs available to low-income families and individuals.
- Crisis Help Line through Mesa Fire - (480) 644-5467
- Veterans Crisis Line - (800) 273-8255