Community Services, Programs & Resources
The Center offers a local one-stop shop for assistance with all federal and state programs. They can help you navigate the system and figure out what programs are best for you. Check them out.
Project Homeless Connect is a service offered throughout the valley. Visit the Valley of the Sun United Way for event information http://www.vsuw.org/community-objectives/end-homelessness/project-connect
Central Christian Church in Mesa also offers assistance to the homeless. This program offers food, clothing, personal care items, haircuts, showers, medical care, employment services, DES, Social Security and Veteran benefit services all in one location. For additional information visit the Central Christian Church website.
Resources for homeless veterans can be found at www.arizonastanddown.org.
Apache Junction Reach Out Food Bank
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Ph: (480) 983-2995
St George Roman Catholic Church
Tuesday – Thursday
Ph: (480) 982-2929
St. Vincent de Paul Church
9:00 am - 11:30 am
Tuesday - Thursday
Central Christian Church
933 North Lindsey in Mesa
7:00 am - 12:00 pm
First and Third Saturday of each month
Dominion Christian Center
6134 E. Main Street, Suite 8 in Mesa
Sundays at 10:00 a.m.
Thursdays at 7:00 p.m.
2066 W. Apache Trail
4th Wednesday of each month
HOPE Women’s Center
Women in crisis and pregnant women
Ph: (480) 983-4673
Senior Help Line
Ph: (888) 264-2258
24 hours a day
CAAFA (Community Alliance Against Family Abuse)
Domestic Violence Crisis Line
Ph: (480) 982-0196
Ph: (877) 982-0196
Apache Junction Police Department
Ph: (480) 982-8260
If you are in need of a bed for your child or a kitchen table, there is a resource available. Bridging AZ Furniture Bank is a non-profit that assists persons in need with essential household items. Contact them at (480) 833-3997 to see how they can help you.
See if you may qualify for benefits like food stamps, Section 8, AHCCCS and other programs by prescreening yourself online at Arizona Self Help. If you think you may qualify for any of these programs and more, visit the Department of Economic Security for an on-line application.
Emergency Utility and Rent Assistance
If you are facing shut off of a necessary utility, are unable to pay your utility bill or rent, there may be some help. Local non-profits are available to assist you with this service if funding is available and if you meet their eligibility criteria. For help contact:
- The Salvation Army - Ph: (480) 982-4110
- CAHRA - Ph: (877) 472-2472
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Arizona Department of Economic Security - Arizona's state human services agency - strengthening individuals and families, increasing self-sufficiency and developing the capacity of communities.
- Arizona Department of Health Services - Arizona's state agency that promotes and protects the health of Arizona’s children and adults.
- Arizona Self Help - Free and easy way to find out if your family can get help from 31 different health and human services programs.
- Arizona Workforce Connection - Employment tools designed for job seekers, students, case managers, employers, training providers, workforce professionals, and others seeking benefits and services.
- ArizonaSERVES - Initiative to educate, equip and engage faith and community organizations to help families during these challenging times.
- Arizona Caregiver Coalition - providing resources and information for Caregivers.
- AZ Council on Faith-based and Community Initiatives - Dedicated to engaging and mobilizing all faith communities to improve the quality of life for our most vulnerable and impoverished people.
- AZ Links - Aging and Disability Resource Center - Connecting individuals, families and organizations to aging and disability resources and information across Arizona.
- Benefits Checkup - For adults 55 and older or adults with disabilities. Screens for eligibility in 70 federal and state programs.
- Child Care Resource and Referral - Statewide program in Arizona that helps families find child care.
- Community Information and Referral - Easy access to information about health, human and emergency services provided in Arizona.
- Emergency Food Assistance Locations - Location and contact information for emergency food assistance in Arizona.
- Feeling the Economic Crunch? Useful tips and resources to help you weather through the current tough economic times.
- Food Safety - Gateway to food safety information provided by government agencies.
- First Things First - Quality early childhood development and health.
- Health-e-Arizona - A single on-line application for Medical, Cash and Nutrition Assistance.
- Native American Connections - Improving the lives of Native American individuals
- Native American Community Health Center - Provides a wide range of health and wellness programs.
- People's Information Guide - Information on a variety of low-cost and free services and programs available to low-income families and individuals.
- Stop the Spread AZ - Campaign to educate the public about the Flu; how it can impact you, your family and our community.
- Crisis Help Line through Mesa Fire - (480) 644-5467