The Development Services Department endeavors to provide equitable, courteous, timely, consistent quality service resulting in opportunities for economic and community development, planning for future growth, improving the image of the community and ensuring building safety.
- The City of Apache Junction has adopted the 2006 International Building Code.
- The City participates in both HOME and CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) Programs offered through the Arizona Department of Housing.
- Development Services is updating policies and procedures to increase service levels and responsiveness to citizen requests for assistance.
- Planning and Zoning - second and fourth Tuesdays at 7 pm in City Council Chambers
- Board of Adjustment - second Monday at 7 pm in City Council Chambers
Planning & Zoning Fees were recently updated and went in to effect on July 1, 2016.
Recently the Arizona State University Planning Capstone Class working in conjunction with the City created a multi-modal transportation system and presented it to the Planning & Zoning Commission, Parks & Recreation Commission and the City Council. Click here to view the report. The report was updated on the website on 6/2/2016.
The City of Apache Junction invites and welcomes people of all abilities to use its programs, sites and facilities. Any question about City programs, sites and facilities for people with disabilities should be directed to ADA Coordinator (480) 474-2635, TDD (480) 983-0095, or adacoordinator@ajcity.
Additional information may be found at www.ajcity.net/ada.