Health and Human Services Commission and Funding
The Health and Human Services Commission conducts public hearings to determine the needs of city residents with regards to public health, the care of the elderly, and persons with disabilities. The commission accepts, reviews, and makes recommendations of funding requests submitted by health and human services providers to the city council.
The intent of the human services funding is to provide monies for human services agencies to provide a valued service to the community. Services should be new or innovative programs and services which extend the scope of existing services. Funding is not intended to provide annual funding to any agency for an indefinite period of time.
Funding for the Fiscal Year 2020 (contract period July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021) is available now. Click here for the application checklist. Please note: the application process is currently being revamped. At this time, the checklist will serve as the only provided application documentation. All information requested on the checklist will be required to be submitted. Upon submittal, the attachments will serve as a completed application.
The application period will be as follows:
- November - notice of funding availability is released
- January 30, 2020 (the last business day of January each year) - complete applications are due
- February - preliminary eligibility review
- March - Commission review and scoring
- April - applicant interviews
- May - Commission initial decision and recommendations for award
- June - City Council consideration and award. Contracts executed
- July - Contracts begin
Applications shall be submitted in a sealed envelope to:
Health and Human Services Commission
c/o City Clerk's Office
300 East Superstition Blvd.
Apache Junction, Arizona 85119
Questions or comments may be sent to Heather Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone to (480) 474-2635.