Incentives & Resources
Available Through Apache Junction
City incentives are typically addressed through negotiated Development Agreements. Some factors directly influencing the level of incentive are:
- Amount of new/growth of local sales tax revenue,
- Amount of new capital investment resulting from the proposed project, and
- Number, type and annual payroll impact of jobs created or retained within Apache Junction.
If your project is in a designated redevelopment area there may be an opportunity for the city to assist with a portion of Development Fees.
Several other entities offer incentives to businesses. The following links contain information on incentives administered through other governmental bodies.
- Arizona Commerce Authority: Visit ACA's webpage to learn about incentives available (eligibility is program based) to businesses located/locating in the State of Arizona. ACA administers access to over $200 million in incentives and offers links to information on incentives offered by other organizations.
- Pinal County: Visit Pinal County's Economic Development's webpage to learn about incentives available through Pinal County and other organizations. (Several programs listed on ACA's website are listed here as well.)
The City of Apache Junction is organized to assist companies in dealing with a wide array of issues and concerns.
Several other organizations work to provide businesses with information and resources.
- CAC/SBDC: Central Arizona College's Small Business Development Center provides management and marketing counseling to Pinal County firms with less than 200 employees. These services are provided at no charge to the client.
- SBA: The United States Small Business Administration provides assistance to small business primarily through its four programmatic functions: 1.) Access to Capital, 2.) Entrepreneurial Development, 3.) Government Contracting and 4.) Advocacy. You may also contact the local SBA Office at (602) 745-7200.
- AJ COC: Among other objectives the Apache Junction Chamber of Commerce offers its members business advocacy, small business counseling, marketing opportunities and various opportunities for business networking.
- NEDCO: The Neighborhood Economic Development Corporation provides loans to small businesses and access to entrepreneur education, loan readiness assessment, business credit repair and loan application assistance.
Please visit our Community Profile, Retail Market or Available Properties pages to learn more about the opportunities available to do business in the City of Apache Junction.