Election Night Information
Due to the large number of early ballots cast in most elections and the provisional ballots cast at the polls, final election results will not be available until several days after Election Day. Election night results are not final. After all the ballots are counted, results could be substantially different as to who is elected at the primary.
Statute prohibits the release of early voting results until all precincts have reported or one hour after the polls close, whichever occurs first.
The time for filing as a 2020 local election candidate or as a write-in candidate has now passed. The following information is provided for general knowledge of the process.
- City Council elections are held in the fall of even-numbered years
- The Primary Election is held in August; the General Election is held in November
- The Mayor and Councilmembers are elected at-large
- The 2020 Primary Election on August 4, 2020, will include candidates for the offices of Mayor and three Councilmembers as well as Proposition 442, the City of Apache Junction 2020-2050 General Plan
- The General Election will be held on November 3, 2020
- The City of Apache Junction’s 2020 Election Financial Statement can be viewed here.
- Click here to learn how the Majority votes cast is calculated for the mayoral and council races.
Early Voting Sites
Publicity Pamphlet for August 4, 2020 Election
A publicity pamphlet will be mailed to every Apache Junction household with a registered voter. This information pamphlet provides you with information regarding the City of Apache Junction’s Primary Election of August 4, 2020, in which voters will vote on a candidate for Mayor and three candidates for Councilmember.
Candidate Filing Period March 9 - April 6, 2020 @ 5:00 PM
Last Day to Submit Ballot Arguments May 6, 2020
First Day to Post Political Signs April 7, 2020
Publicity Pamphlets are Mailed June 30, 2020
Ballots Mailed to AJ Voters July 8, 2020
Last Day to Register to Vote July 6, 2020 @ Midnight
Early Voting Begins July 8, 2020
Last Day to Request an Early Ballot July 24, 2020
ELECTION DAY August 4, 2020
Last Day to Remove Political Signs August 19, 2020
Early Voting Begins October 7, 2020
Last Day to Request an Early Ballot October 23, 2020
ELECTION DAY November 3, 2020
The next scheduled election will be the primary election on August 4, 2020, with voter registration deadline being July 6, 2020. We want our voters to stay safe and healthy during this election season. If you have concerns about voting in person this year, please consider applying online or calling to receive your ballot by mail.
Voting Precinct Map
Voting Precinct Map
The City of Apache Junction is primarily in Pinal County with a small portion in Maricopa County. The borderline is Meridian. Anyone living west of Meridian is in Maricopa County, east of Meridian is in Pinal County. Links to the voter registration offices for both counties have been provided for you.